Saturday, April 12, 2008

This Space for Rent

Marketing and advertising are renting space in your brain. You have been programmed and conditioned. All of your secret desires and hidden fears are know to anyone who's even remotely familiar with the process of marketing.

Oh, but you're different, right?

No. Neither am I. Just take a quick peek at this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases

Uhuh. I've got most of those.

So, answer this? Would a marketing corporation know this about you?

Just look at how similar we all are that we can be summed up on a wiki page.

I have a solution...

7 comments:

Malach the Merciless said...

WIKINAZIS LIE!

DILLIGAF said...

Haven't a fuckin clue what 'hyperbolic' or whatever it was is.

Only marketing ploy they'd get on me is free vodka.

AngryMan said...

Does it involve playing w/ourselves?

Dr. Robert J. Murk said...

Jihad,

The counter culture is a marketing ploy. The anti-marketing campaign is a ploy. You just need to know who's selling it to you and how much they're making off of you.

Angryman,

If playing with yourself solved problems, there would be peace on earth.

FreeOscar said...

Shop at Wal-Mart.

Cash said...

I have none of those biases. Canines are superior.

LONG LIVE THE REVOLUTION!

Malicious Intent said...

Just looking at that gave me a fucking headache. I believe I stated in an earlier blog that society bombards us with an onslaught of sensory overloads telling us of things we must have to live, yet need about none of it. (Well maybe the food, but half of that is garbage too!) Must have it! Don't need it!
I am partial to my chainsaw and baseball bat though, but I am not brand specific.
As far as renting space in my brain, I am afraid most of that has been filled with such dribble as human rights, disability laws, creative problem solving and better ways to eat and enjoy chocolate.