Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Bullshit

Someone wanted me to write a whole post on drinking the Kool Aid. I don't think any of you can handle the real drink, the hard stuff. No, my world in this end of the blog slums is couched in a laugh it off sort of angst that the original Boston comedians like Lenny Clarke and Tony V used to espouse. It fuck you, fuck your mother and fuck your whole family including your dead dog stuff.

The Kool Aid is another story.

In fact, it's such an outrageous story that I could post about it and you'd have to assume it was more made up stuff.

I don't talk about drinking the Kool Aid. I've got family and friends that I need to protect from that story. I'm not embarassed of anything I've said, seen or done, but they don't need to know about it. I'm in a safe place now and I feel alright. I'm pretty healthy, and that's a wonder in and of itself.

Some of you older folk might get the idea. I'm a lusty 34 years old, still a pup to most. But don't we all know how some years last longer than others. I've seen and done more in my short life than I had the right to expect and I'm still living. In fact, I do pretty well. I'm still as dumb as I ever was when it comes to taking risks, but thankfully, most of those risks don't get the chance to walk past my doorstep.

I was never a bad ass, but I did drink the Kool Aid. Sometimes by choice. Much of the writing I've done comes from a seed of experience. I never write under my own name or even under the name of Dr. Murk. I'll tell you this. Some of my writing has scared the people who read it. Not because it was scary but because they saw it wasn't fiction. I know a few situations well enough that fictionalizing them isn't necessary. All I have to do is get some schmuck to ghost write. I make these pen pals up, but their names always come from somewhere.

Unfortunately, I, Dr. Robert J. Murk cannot tell you about drinking the Kool Aid. My master can and, due to the fact that he has finally settled on a book project in which the Kool Aid is served and drunk, I will restrict my posts here to absolute bullshit for the time being (as if they weren't already).

So, enjoy a few of the old stories on the other blogs and the web comics of Malach based on some of those stories. They may not be Kool Aid, but they will be enough to give you a recipe to make your own.

Also, as boring as this sounds, I will be updating the progress of my master's book project via Christopher Morris. So, go pay him a visit. He's taking a short break from fiction to help our master write what he needs to write. You asked us to.

More later...

13 comments:

Malach the Merciless said...

That Super Bowl loss did it, your no longer drinking the Kool Aid

Joey Polanski said...

Pretty hardcore, Doc.

In a taste test, coud you tell which meat come from a white baby and which come from a black one?

Forrest Proper said...

You guys are never gonna get over that U-Tube brouhaha, are you?

FreeOscar said...

The Kool Aid doesn't like to be all by itself.

AngryMan said...

OH YEAH!!!

DILLIGAF said...

angst? I've only just begun....

ta for't visit doc.

Dr. Robert J. Murk said...

Love the blog, JP. Time for a link.

Joey Polanski said...

Geez, Doc!

Are you steppin out wif anothr JP?

AngryMan said...

Sounds like another lovers' spat over here at Murk's place.

Malicious Intent said...

I am so confused. And thirsty.

Mike said...

I have been drinking the fucking Kool-Aid my whole life. What I want to know is when can I stop?

DILLIGAF said...

you're history Joey ;-)

Joey Polanski said...

Bring on th jihad, Punk!

Th next Crusades gonna be fougt wif ICBMs.

Lotsa luckski!