Friday, April 4, 2008

I Hate All Forms of Entertainment

I can only take so much. Bad shows are painful to watch. Good shows are all cliffhanger shows with no end. Movies don't last long enough. Music is all recycled and if it's not, it's such a tease because you only get 12 songs every two years or so. Video games do not have enough freedom of choice and their spinoffs or their online games infested with foul mouthed kids and geeks.

Entertainment is designed as an escape. It dulls the mind and quiets the angry heart for a time. So, eat the cud, you entertainment cows and forget that you wanted to do something in your life besides laugh at cock jokes and shoot aliens played by unknown fatties with broadband and a fridge of coke.

Screw everything else. Let's be happy and dumb. Let's worry about gas prices and greenhouse gases, and forget ourselves and what we once promised ourselves. Fuck it. Read blogs and visit you tube and google your own name and find... maybe one small blurb.

Or write your own blog and play at being a celebrity, all the while looking to your list of replies to inflate your warped sense of self importance. You could have been important, but you decided you'd rather be sedated.

Now, life consist of reaching for the next material plateau only to want more. Good job, everyone. Good job. Mighty proud.

That being said, the season premiere of Battlestar Galactica was on tonight. AWESOME.

But, I watch it for the commercials. How else would I know what to like?

10 comments:

FreeOscar said...

I'm loading it right now. Since we don't have cable. I can't wait!!!

So say we all!

Malach the Merciless said...

Frack! BEST SHOW ON TV! The whole Jesus Allegories with Baltar, the whole Starbuck Mystery, the crazy Hallucinations, it is the last season of the Sopranos set in Space!

AngryMan said...

I liked it's commentary on stupid women being responsible for the spreading of stupid religions. Fracking brilliant.

Joey Polanski said...

Shit.

When there was a REAL Battlestar Galacticka, Barbarino was still a friggin Sweathog.

Forrest Proper said...

I miss Lorne Greene.

Christopher said...

U R GAY

Malicious Intent said...

Someone didn't get their Wheaties this morning.

I am not a real big tv person. Folks as me all the time about Desperate Housewives, or those CSI shows and are shocked that I don't watch any of them. If I watch TV, its usually late at night and something to sooth my soul. Like south park or futurama..something intelligent like that.
Besides, I hate committing to a show. It is just to demanding and I hate schedules.

DILLIGAF said...

Starbuck had a sex change. Is nowt sacred????????

Redroach said...

BG is IT.
IT is the only truth on Television.

WElcome to the church of BG. You will like it here.

Want a glass of cool aid?

TV

Celticspirit said...

BG? Heck I didn't even know that show was on anymore. I don't watch much tv but I do like to listen to Howard Stern. He's a damn freak but gotta love him. Pass me a glass of grape koolaid please. ;)