Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Welcome to Wonderland

Being right is difficult. No one likes people who claim to be right all the time. No one likes it when they are wrong and other people are right. No one likes people who are right all the time. And no one wants to hear a person say I told you so.

This complicates matters. You see, being right too often makes it impossible to tell anyone anything useful. When you first started being right, they didn't believe you. So, you tried to prove it to them. Now, they don't want to hear it, they admit it, but hate it. You're always right. Say you're sorry.

Imagine this. You're right. You see it coming. You know you're right. People ask you because they want to be right too, but they don't want you to be right, so they do the opposite to show that you don't know everything. When they're wrong, you can't tell them. They just look at you. Angry. Had you not been right all the time, they never would have done what they did just to spite you and so it is your fault.

"I hate it. You're always right." they might say.

Well, now I have a response. "Think of how I feel. I get to be right and hated for it all the time. I wish I could be wrong like you."