Friday, June 6, 2008

The Boss

I am the boss of me, but have yu ever had a boss?

Then this is for you.

The Good Boss: Whether a pain in the ass or a civil role model, the godd boss gets the job done, corrects problems efficiently and with proper emotional control, and takes the heat for how the business runs.

Nobody is really a good boss anymore. There's something bout the old addage that management cannot be taught. Unfortunately, bosses seem to get jobs for sitting in a classroom learning how things never really work in the real world. Very few independent bosses/owners are popping up from the school of sink or swim in the real workplace. More and more bad bosses are out there.

1. They are taught to delegate, but not to trust.

2. They are taught to foster independence, but blame for failure due to independent thinking.

3. They are taught to be proactive, but not when to leave a good thing going.

4. They are taught to demand accountability, but not how to accept the responsibility for their own mistakes.

5. They are taught finance, but not how to understand the intagibles of cash flow.

6. They are taught to rationalize, but they are ruled by emotions.

The end for now.

9 comments:

AngryMan said...

I think you need to attend a leadership conference.

Joey Polanski said...

Youre ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

...

... in theory, anyhow.

Malach the Merciless said...

Uhh, My boss rocks, and I am a good boss, my employees love me.

FreeOscar said...

So I make my employees sleep with me or I'll fire them.
Good Boss?

Redroach said...

I have a boss and the boss sucks. If I do good then it it was their idea and if I screw up, it was all my fault. Damn bosses.

I hate them.
When the revolution comes I am killing politicians first, lawyers second, and bosses third

TV

Dr. Robert J. Murk said...

You Thomas, shall lead the charge!

Time is ticking.......

Thomas

Habla Les Stroud?

Dr. Robert J. Murk said...

c.rag.

Seriously? I think I Have and Idea.

Dr. Robert J. Murk said...

Joey, NO!

YOU ARE ABSOLOUTELEY RIGHT!!!!!!!

Dr. Robert J. Murk said...

Malach doesn't count.