Thursday, May 22, 2008

The World of the Blog

Fully aware of the medium I exist in, I have a gripe with bloggers and blogs in general.

Papa Murk summarized it. Every idiot now has an outlet to express themselves. The solution used to be to ignore them. Then, when the blog came, just don't read them.

Now, bloggers are reporting news, sitting in and asking questions at press conferences, being cited by news outlets and further blurring the lines between opinion and fact.

Now now now wait a second! Blogs are for two things.

1. Writing crap about your life that no one cares about, except for your fat blogging 'family' and a bag of funnybones.

2. Entertaining readers.

If you want to be a pundit, or sideline analyst or beat writer, FUCK YOU. Pay your dues and get a job. Some bloggers are great writers, but there is NO OVERSIGHT. No editor to squash that unfounder rumor. No parent company to hit you up and fire you for plagarism. It's free speech, got that right and thank GOD, but don't tell me that free speech includes free slander, inuendo and slanted politics. That's for CNN.

So, in theme with my new philosophy of civil disobedience, I am starting 'blog ins'. I'm going to camp successful blogs and comment with borederline nonsense and mild protest.

I encourage you to find a blog that doesn't deserve the priviledge of open readership and SHUT IT DOWN!

6 comments:

Forrest Proper said...

Well, you know, before the internets idiots ran for office. Now they blog. That's an improvement.

AngryMan said...

This blog is living proof of how the internet has opened outlets for idiots to rant.

Moooooog35 said...

..but not me, right? You don't mean me, right?

Just checking.

Malach the Merciless said...

I have an interview at CNN tomorrow.

The Preacherman said...

I'm appearing on page 3 of The Sun in a thong...

Buzzardbilly said...

But we would have to use precious blogging time sitting on sites that we don't even like. That's like work. I think that would not enhance my posting experience. However, if you cared to share with us a blog you intend to "blog in" on I'm sure it would enhance my reading experience, perhaps even persuade others to chime in.

Hmmm. I wonder who should get the first blog-in treatment.